- Posted on:
January 8, 2020
We are hiring
Company Name: Golden Iron Tattoo Studio
Primary Business Address: 401 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, ON M5T 2G3
Work Location: 401 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, ON M5T 2G3
Term of Employment: Permanent; Full time
Working Hours: 40 hours/week
Work Language: English
Golden Iron Tattoo Studio was established in 2011 located in the heart of Downtown Toronto. It has since grown to three large locations where it is now home to a roaster of 20+ artists who offer an array of different styles, but who all share the passion, dedication, and ideals of Golden Iron.
As our business is gaining popularity rapidly, we are now seeking to hire a Tattoo Studio Manager for our downtown studio, in order to ensure our service level and lasting growth of our business.
This will be a full-time permanent position.
The main duties of this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Reporting directly to the business owners;
- Managing and directing overall daily operations of the store, and supervising other tattoo artists’ and employees’ work;
- Maintaining a personnel to ensure quality of services by interviewing, hiring, and firing tattoo artists that fit well with our studio’s esthetics and artistic merits, conducting performance reviews, and developing and providing training to junior employees;
- Scheduling shifts and monitoring tattoo appointment schedule entries to ensure smooth operations;
- Maintaining knowledge of tattoo industry trends to plan the direction of our business;
- Tracking the store’s sales, expenses, and cash flow;
- Maintaining and tracking store inventory (e.g. needles, ink, and other supplies);
- Carrying out customer service responsibilities, e.g. dealing with customer inquiries and complaints;
- Participating in developing business policies and procedures, and overseeing compliance of customer service and health & safety procedures, operating licenses and health licenses to meet governments requirements;
- Taking on clients as a tattoo artist as required by store operations.
Qualifications required for this position:
- A college diploma or vocational certification in an art or design related discipline;
- At least 3 years’ management experience leading a team in a personal service setting;
- At least 3 years’ experience as a professional tattoo artist;
- Extensive demonstrable knowledge of tattoo processes, cross contamination practices and blood born pathogens;
- Demonstrable organizing and problem solving skills with strong project management skills;
- Familiarity with tattoo equipment, such as CHEYENNE HAWK PEN, Legend THOR, Legend MINI PEN, BISHOP ROTARY m653-1, SUNSKIN ojsp15a-s, etc.;
- High level of tattoo aesthetics recognized by industry awards or industry reviews an asset;
- Familiarity with East Asian traditional culture and art styles an asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with both internal staff and external customers;
- Effective time management and decision making skills.
Please apply by sending your resume and portfolio to Jobs.email@example.com.